A few things you should know about me :
- I’m a total chocolate addict. I need it, every single day.
- I’m french, so my standards when it comes to baking are pretty high. I love pastries and I know my shit.
- As of a few days ago, I’m officially vegan. Baking with no eggs, no (cow’s) milk, no cream and no butter, is a huge, HUGE deal!!!! I’ve had to experiment and reinvent all the recipes I know.
That said, this is the first time I try making a vegan cheesecake, and my oh my, are you in for a treat. It. Is. Amazing! It contains zucchini which you would never imagine, and a whole load of cashews! I can’t believe that those ingredients make this yummy, smooth, decadent cake. Honestly, I dare you to try it. Don’t tell your wife/ husband/ kids/ guests that it’s vegan or that it contains vegetables and they will never know!!! The creaminess reminds me of the icing on certain french pastries like eclairs. Yum.
This recipe is cruelty-free, as it’s vegan! And did i mention it’s also raw? Literally everything in this cake is nutritious and good for you. The nuts, the coconut oil, the raw cacao, the honey, the zucchini.. Who knew something so good could actually be good for you? And the best thing? It’s sooooo easy to make! No bake, no fuss! It takes 10-20mins to make this, and it is so filling, you will be full before you devour the whole thing!! That’s a rare thing in this house! 😉
The BEST Chocolate Cheesecake – Organic, Raw & Vegan
serves 12 (or 2 greedy people over the course of 2-3 days)
adapted from The Detoxinista
- 2 cups raw organic pecans
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup organic raw cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons organic honey (raw if possible – or high grade pure organic maple syrup)
- Dash of organic sea salt
- 2 cups raw organic cashews – no need to soak
- 1 cup peeled & diced organic zucchini
- 1/2 cup organic raw cacao powder
- 8 tablespoons organic honey (raw if possible – or high grade pure organic maple syrup)
- 1 tablespoon organic vanilla extract
- Dash of organic sea salt
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin organic coconut oil (melted!)
- Use a food processor to grind the pecans until they are a fine meal.
- Add the rest of the crust ingredients and process again so everything is well combined.
- Place the mixture evenly into a round pan (mine was approx 8″ / 20cm) – You can place parchment paper in the pan before you put in the mixture if you don’t want it to stick. I didn’t use it, it was fine.
- Place the pan in the freezer for the crust to set while you make the filling.
- Use a food processor to grind the cashews until they are a fine meal.
- Add the zucchini, raw cocoa powder, honey, vanilla extract and sea salt – process again so everything is well combined.
- Add the melted coconut oil and process again until the mixture is thick and creamy
- Grab the pan from the freezer and pour the filling evenly on top of the crust.
- Allow the cheesecake to set for at least 8 hours, overnight is best.
- Serve within 10 minutes of taking it out of the freezer. I personally liked mine best after it had been out of the freezer 10 mins, as you can really enjoy the creaminess, but don’t leave it too long as it will not hold up well if not refrigerated.
- If you have some left over, put back in the freezer.
Don’t forget to buy all your ingredients organic if you really want this to be a healthy treat!!!
If you make this, please leave feedback in the comments!!! Am so excited to know if you enjoy it as much as we did.
Tasha K xx